Terms & Conditions
- a) Keys Holidays merely acts as agent for the owners of the property, it does not hold any property interest. The rental arrangements are made by Keys Holidays on behalf of the Owners and the contractual relationship is directly between the Owners of the property and the Guest.
- b) Customers renting property through Keys Holidays are referred to as “the Guest”.
- c) A £15 booking fee is payable to cover the administration and processing of each booking.
- d) This Agreement is not intended to create a tenancy; the holiday maker is granted a licence to occupy the property between the agreed dates.
2. Duration of Rental
- a) Rentals are for a maximum of 4 weeks and commence at 2pm on the first day of the rental and end at 10am on the day of departure unless otherwise arranged otherwise. This rental period hereafter is referred to as “the Holiday”.
- b) The period booked will be stated on the confirmation sent by email to the Guest when they book (the “Booking Confirmation”).
- c) The period booked cannot be extended unless approved by Keys Holidays. The Guest will be liable to pay the price for the extension before the extension commences.
- a) A deposit of 25% of the total cost of the booking is required by bank transfer, cheque, online or telephone to secure the booking.
- b) The balance is due six weeks before the start of the holiday.
- c) If a booking is made less than six weeks before the Holiday is due to start, the full rent, plus any additional charges must be paid at the time of booking.
- d) Should the balance payment not be received at least six weeks before the holiday starts, the booking will be cancelled and deposit retained.
- e) Should Keys Holidays not accept or reject a booking request, all sums of money paid by the Guest in relation to the Holiday will be refunded immediately.
- a) It is recommended that the Hirer is covered by Personal Holiday Insurance as you are responsible for all your own travel arrangements.
If you have cause to cancel your holiday please notify our office immediately by telephone and then in writing.
All reservation deposits paid to KEYS HOLIDAYS are non-refundable and the hirer will be liable for the full cost of the holiday if a cancellation occurs UNLESS Keys Holidays is notified as follows:
A) Up to 6 weeks before the start of the holiday. In which case the hirer will forfeit the deposit and booking fee only.
B) Less than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday and it is possible for Keys Holidays to re-let the property. In which case the deposit will be forfeited along with the booking fee, plus an administration charge of £30 plus VAT. The balance will be returned to the hirer. If the property is not re-let the hirer will forfeit the full cost of the holiday.
C) If the booking was made within 6 weeks of the start of the holiday and it is possible for Keys Holidays to re-let the property, an amount equal to the deposit will be forfeited along with the booking fee, plus an administration charge of £30 plus VAT. The balance will be returned to the hirer. If the property is not re-let the hirer will forfeit the full cost of the holiday.
5. Final Payment
- a) Unless otherwise agreed by Keys Holidays in writing (and subject to clause 7 below), the price for the Holiday shall be the rent for the property as set out on the Keys Holidays website and brochure at the time of booking.
- b) Subject to the Cancellation provision above, as soon as the booking is received and accepted by Keys Holidays and the Guests are in receipt of the Booking Confirmation, the guest is liable for payment of the balance of the rent, along with any additional charges that may be due in relation to the Holiday.
- c) Payment of the rent and additional charges are payable to Keys Holidays six weeks before the start of the Holiday and non-payment by the Due Date could be considered by Keys Holidays as a notice of cancellation.
- d) If payment is not received by the Due Date, Keys Holidays have treated the non-payment as a cancellation of the Holiday, the Guest will lose their booking and the deposit shall be non-refundable.
- e) Keys Holidays shall not be responsible for sending reminders of the Due Date of full payment.
- f) The dates of the Holiday may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates and the Owners accept the change. In this case, a £30 re-booking fee is payable to Keys Holidays.
6. Method of Payment
- a) Payments may be made by electronic bank transfer, cash, cheque, debit card or credit card.
- b) Cheques should be made payable to ‘Keys Holidays’.
- c) Any charges raised against Keys Holidays by their bank for handling dishonoured cheques, bank transfers or any other payments will be passed onto the Guest who are liable to reimburse Keys Holidays.
- d) There is no charge for card payments.
7. Price changes
- a) Keys Holidays reserves the right to amend prices on the website due to errors or omissions, but such charges shall be notified to the Guest as soon as possible and the Guest shall be able to cancel the booking if the amended price is significantly higher than the original price quoted.
8. The Guests Obligations
- a) To pay for any losses or damages to the property and contents caused by The Guest or a member of their party and inform Keys Holidays immediately so items can be replaced or repaired prior to the arrival of future Guests.
- b) To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Holiday, with exception of linen to be laundered.
- c) A cleaning service is not provided during the holiday unless otherwise specified.
- d) On departure all windows and doors must be checked and securely locked. Keys must be returned to Keys Holidays office in Sheringham or the organised key safe and the key safe locked properly.
- e) In the event that keys are not returned, then a charge will be incurred by you, the Guest to cover locksmith costs to change locks and replace keys.
- f) The Owner and Keys Holidays retains the right of access.
- g) Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the Booking Form. All Guests at the property must be notified to Keys Holidays at the time of booking.
- h) Not to sell or transfer the booking to another party without Keys Holidays agreement.
- i) Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description.
- j) Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises.
- k) Not to smoke at any of Keys Holidays properties. Smoking is permitted outside the property on condition that all cigarette butts and ash are cleared and disposed of, by you, the guest, before departure.
- a) Keys Holidays will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the Owners or any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with, the rental unless Keys Holidays is responsible.
- b) The Owners and Keys holidays accept no liability for loss of, or damage to the Guest’s possessions on the Owners property or land.
- c) Nothing in these clauses excludes or limits the liability of Keys Holidays or the Owners: For death or personal injury caused by Keys Holidays or the Owners negligence. For any matter which it would be illegal for Keys Holidays or the Owners to exclude or attempt to excluded their liability.
10. Personal Belongings
- a) If the Guest, or any members of your party leave any personal belongings behind at the property after departure, the Guest will be charged the cost of postage and packaging and an admin fee to have them returned.
- b) Any items found by the servicing company responsible for the property will be disposed of within 30 days if not claimed. All perishable foods will automatically be disposed of at the time of the changeover.
- a) Pets are permitted within certain properties and if allowed they are to be kept under control and exercised off of the premises. There may be an additional charge per pet, per week.
- b) Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture and neither Key Holidays nor the Owners can accept responsibility for their safety.
- c) Pets must not be left in the property unsupervised. Where a property does not accept pets, Keys Holidays or the Owners cannot guarantee that there have been no pets previously kept at the property.
- d) Any fouling of internal areas shall be professionally cleaned and the cost borne by the Guest. Any accidents must be reported immediately.
- e) Any fouling of lawns, paths or outside surfaces shall be cleared up without delay, by the Guest.
- f) Any other type of pet is by prior arrangement only; the owner of the property reserves the right to charge a small fee.
- g) Please do not take pets to properties where Keys Holidays and the Owners have stated that pets are not permitted.
12. Sudden unavailability of the Property
- a) We do not anticipate any problems but in the unlikely event for any reason beyond the Owners control the property is made unavailable or the property becomes unsuitable for holiday letting on the date booked by the customer, all rent and charges paid in advance will be refunded.
- a) All complaints must be notified to Keys Holidays as soon as possible, as Keys Holidays may be required to carry out investigation and if necessary, request the Owner to take action – it is always more difficult to deal with after the holiday.
- b) If Keys Holidays or the Owners are denied the opportunity of investigating the complaint within a reasonable time or denied the opportunity to put matters right during the Holiday, then the Guest will waive all rights.
- c) All complaints relating to the cleanliness of the property should be reported within two hours of entry to the property.
- d) No refund will be given or compensation paid, if you do not give us reasonable opportunity of solving the problem before you return home.
Due to the position of some of our properties and nature of the environment, some may have better access than others. If you have mobility restrictions or other disabilities then please speak to one of our staff prior to booking who will advise on the suitability of your choice. Allergy suffers should also check with us first regarding suitability of their choice if their condition is serious.
Our property descriptions are prepared some time in advance, as a result some advertised facilities may change. We may therefore alter property description at any time to reflect this. We will make all reasonable efforts to inform you of them.